Click to download PDF version of this announcement
Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Type of contract: Fixed Term (1 year), renewable
Application deadline: Tuesday, April 3, 2018
The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) is an independent, non-partisan pan-African not-for-profit organisation established in 2011 and located in Nairobi, Kenya. PASGR’s vision is a ‘vibrant African social science community addressing the continent’s public policy issues’. PASGR seeks excellence in social science research for public policy.
In partnership with individual academics and researchers, higher education institutions, research think tanks, civil society organisations, business and policy communities both in the region and internationally, PASGR supports the production and dissemination of policy relevant research; designs and delivers suites of short professional development courses for researchers and policy actors; and facilitates the development of collaborative higher education programmes.
Key responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include to:
- Support the Executive Director (ED) through the preparation of donor reports and proposals/concept notes
- Assist the ED with preparation of documentation and compilation of Board files as well as with logistical arrangements for Board meetings. Responsible for taking minutes at Board and Board Committee meetings, and assisting ED with follow up on decisions made.
- Coordinate the execution of the training plans, performance management plans, recruitment (including support in renewal of employment contracts, maintenance of personnel files and their statutory documents), induction of PASGR staff and organizing of team building/annual retreats.
- Coordinate the relocation of incoming and outgoing international staff, including recommending suitable accommodation, liaising with government authorities for processing and renewal of work permits and dependent passes (for spouses) as needed.
- Liaise with provident fund managers and medical service providers. Monitoring expenditure against the float for outpatient expenses.
- Provide secretarial support to ED’s office, including maintaining of ED calendar and organizing ED’s international travel. Schedule the ED’s internal and external meetings.
- Provide guidance and advice with updating and preparation of HR policies and procedures for PASGR. Support in the preparation of Terms of Reference for HR related consultancies and reviewing payroll.
- Assist with PASGR payments, including processing of payroll.
- Maintain leave records and custody of time sheets.
- Receive and respond to general enquiries and communication
- Assist with ensuring that PASGR has adequate and suitable offices for its operations
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the ED.
The following qualities are required for this position:
Skills, knowledge and work experience
- Bachelor degree with minimum of 4 years of experience in programme support and grants management;
- At least a diploma in Human Resource Management and 2 years of experience in administration of HR;
- Prior work experience in a non-profit organization; and
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and internet research.
Project management skills
This position attracts a competitive package that includes basic salary, medical, group life and group personal accident insurance and provident fund up to pre-set limits.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to PASGR (email@example.com ) by Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 1700hrs. All applications must contain a detailed Curriculum Vitae and the contacts (telephone and email address) of three references. The subject line should read “Recruitment of Executive Assistant.”