The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) is an independent, non-partisan pan-African not-for-profit organisation established in 2011 and located in Nairobi, Kenya. PASGR’s vision is a ‘vibrant African social science community addressing the continent’s public policy issues’. PASGR seeks excellence in social science research for public policy. For more information, visit: www.pasgr.org.
PASGR is looking for a Communications Consultant who will enhance PASGR’s institutional and external communications in order to support PASGR’s programmes; facilitate the creation of policy & research communities; and, build and implement Digital PASGR. This position is not permanent and the Consultant will be required to work under the terms and conditions of a consultancy assignment.
Summary of Responsibilities
Specific duties will include the following:
- Support PASGR’s staff in managing and overseeing relevant innovative material and content in line with activities within PASGR’s programmes and online presence.
- Provide inputs into PASGR’s evolving Communications and Digital Technologies Strategy.
- Support the communications and outreach needs of PASGR’s programmes and partners.
- Contribute to the development of ICT tools designed to network researchers, academics and policy makers in the region.
- Support the Communications Unit in developing and implementing projects.
- Support the oversight of administrative tasks carried out by the Communications Unit.
The following qualities are required for this position:
Skills, knowledge and work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in the Communications Arts, Sciences or related field.
- Experience in developing and managing online content, and overseeing publication process.
- Excellent writing/editing skills, some knowledge of graphic design, photography and videography.
- Experience with managing Communications driven project.
- Negotiable but competitive.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to PASGR (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 1700hrs. All applications must contain a detailed Curriculum Vitae.