Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Open to: Kenyan nationals and residents only
Application Deadline: Wednesday March 3, 2021
PASGR is an independent, non-partisan pan-African not-for-profit organisation established in 2011 and located in Nairobi, Kenya. Currently engaged in more than 12 African countries, PASGR works to enhance research excellence in governance and public policy that contributes to the overall well being of all.
PASGR is recruiting for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer to be situated in the Higher Education Programme. The right candidate should be able to provide technical expertise and overarching support for successful implementation of the MEL plan reporting directly to PASGR Director of Higher Education Programme who provides oversight for successful implementation of the MEL plan.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Analyse lessons learned for quality and accountability; and,Coordinate implementation of MEL plan across the partnership:
- Ensures quality and accountability of MEL;
- Provides technical support and capacity building of partners and stakeholders as may be necessary;
- Plans, guides and oversees information management activities including knowledge building and knowledge sharing on MEL;
- Any other duties assigned by PASGR Leadership.
- Master’s Degree or above in the social sciences or any other relevant discipline. Specialization in Monitoring & Evaluation is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in a senior MEL position responsible for implementing MEL activities of international development projects.
- In-depth knowledge of principles, analytical skills and current approaches to MEL in higher education programmes,
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills,
- Sound knowledge of design and delivery of higher education programmes and stakeholder engagement,
- Hands-on experience at the national or international level in design, monitoring and evaluation of complex projects, preferably across multiple locations,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with partners, donors, stakeholders and staff at all levels of the organization.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email with “Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer” as subject to PASGR (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 1700hrs. All applications must contain a Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and 3 references.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
PASGR is an Equal Opportunity Employer